Volunteering In the FMSD
Thank you for your interest in volunteering in the Fort Mill School District. Keeping our students, faculty and staff safe is our top priority. To help ensure safety, background screens for volunteers are necessary. Please follow the link to the left to submit your online application to volunteer.
In order to submit a background check you must have a social security number and driver's license. Without these documents, a full and complete background check cannot be performed. Before submitting a background check request, please note the following:
- If you are interested in being a chaperone or mentor, please mention this to your student’s teacher so they will request that your background check be submitted.
- If you have submitted your information in prior school years, please confirm with your child's teacher that you are on the approved list before completing again.
- If you are a current employee, coach or substitute volunteering in another capacity, you do not need to submit a background check request as we already have one on file with the district.
- If you are interested in becoming a volunteer coach, please submit an application under the "Athletic" option. The Athletic Director at the school notifies Human Resources of the volunteers they wish to utilize. Volunteer coaches are required to have a negative TB test result on file, less than 12 months old. If you already have a school volunteer application approved within the last 6 months and wish to be a volunteer for athletics, please reach out to Human Resources directly at email@example.com after you have spoken with a coach or Athletic Director at one of our schools about possible volunteer opportunities.
- You will no longer receive a card from our vendor indicating you have passed a background check. Your information is stored in the vendor’s system and can be accessed by the appropriate staff at your student’s school.
- SecureVolunteer applications cannot be submitted by mobile device. Please complete the application from a laptop or desktop.