South Carolina initiated School Improvement Councils through legislation as a means of restoring the influential voice of parents and community members in public education. Each public school in South Carolina has a School Improvement Council that is responsible for planning, monitoring, and evaluating improvement at the school level.
The School Improvement Council at Orchard Park Elementary has the following responsibilities:
- Participate in the development of the AdvancEd accreditation plan.
- Assist in the monitoring and implementation of the plan and evaluation of results on achieving the goals.
- Assist in the writing of the annual updates.
- Advise on the spending of incentive funds if the school receives an award.
- Write the narrative to the School Report Card in conjunction with the principal.
- Participate in the revision of the school improvement plan if necessary.
Click here to visit the South Carolina School Improvement Council website.