Four Year Old Programs in FMSD
The Fort Mill School District offers three programs for four-year-olds: a half day 4K, a full-day 4K, and a tuition based, full day Lab School 4K. Please read the descriptions carefully and follow the links for more details.
Half Day 4K and Full Day 4K: The 4K class provides many experiences in motor, language, and concept development. There is much opportunity for music and movement, art expression, reading, and learning through play centers and group times. The PreK On My Way (Scholastic) curriculum is used. Each class is taught by a certified early childhood teacher and a teacher assistant. There is no tuition for these 4K programs.
- A child must live in the Fort Mill School District and be 4 years old by Sept. 1 to be considered for the class.
- Children who demonstrate the most need are given priority for the 4K class. Qualifying factors include: financial need, prior therapy, slight developmental delay, and family factors.
- The classes are housed at Riverview, Fort Mill and Tega Cay Elementary Schools.
- The Half Day 4K class runs five days a week with a morning and afternoon session of approximately 2.5 hours each.
- The Full Day 4K is a full school day 7:40-2:00.
- Twenty children are enrolled in each class.
- Bus transportation is available.
Lab School (full day, tuition based): The Fort Mill School District offers a Tuition-Based Four-Year-Old Lab School Program to our active employees and Fort Mill residents. This tuition-based program is a laboratory school held in conjunction with the Early Childhood Education Classes at Fort Mill High School, Nation Ford High School and Catawba Ridge High School.
- Children must be four years old on or before September 1st of the school year for which they are registering.
- Children must be FULLY potty-trained in order to attend the program.
- Registration is on a first come, first served basis and priority is given to full-time FMSD employees.
- This program is tuition based.
- Transportation to/from school must be provided by the parent/guardian.