The mission of the Alternative Programs of the Fort Mill School District is to provide short-term intervention programs that offer a structured learning environment designed to address the academic and social needs of at-risk students.
Alternative Program Goals:
- Enable students to integrate successfully into their regular school setting.
- Assist students in developing self-discipline and a sense of personal responsibility for their own actions.
- Assist students in improving academic skills.
- Provide students with a safe and nurturing environment for learning.
- Provide a flexible curriculum that meets the needs of students with differing abilities.
- Encourage students in developing a more positive self-concept.
- Assist students in identifying barriers that inhibit their educational and social development.
Students assigned to the Alternative Program must attend a minimum of thirty (30) days unless stated differently by School Administration or the Hearing Officer. Students are returned to the traditional academic setting once they have successfully shown improvement in the following areas: