SCHOOL VOLUNTEERS (Non-Athletic Volunteers, Classroom, Trips, Band, etc.)
In order to submit a background check you must have a social security number and driver's license. Without these documents, a full and complete background check cannot be performed. Before submitting a background check request, please note the following:
- If you have submitted your information in prior school years, please confirm with your child's teacher that you are on the approved list. You do not need to submit a second application.
- If you are a current employee, coach or substitute volunteering in another capacity, you do not need to submit a secure volunteer application as a background check would already be on file with the district.
- If you are unsure of your status, contact your school receptionist to inquire.
- If you are interested in being a non-athletic volunteer/chaperone for the first time: Click here to submit your Secure Volunteer Application
- cannot be done on a mobile phone
- use full legal name on the application
- Social security card required
- Notify your student’s teacher to express interest in volunteering. Office staff will submit your SV Application to the background agency after a specific request has been made. Follow-up questions can be directed to your school receptionist.
- You will no longer receive a card from our vendor indicating you have passed a background check. Your information is stored in the vendor’s system and can be accessed by the appropriate staff at your student’s school.