New Student Enrollment 2024-2025 - Begins May 20, 2024
Required: In order to start the new student enrollment process, a student must reside in the school district’s attendance area (Fort Mill or Tega Cay) at the time of enrollment. A student must turn 5 years of age on or before September 1, 2024 in order to enroll in Kindergarten for the 2024-2025 school year.
Step 1 - Registration Gateway - Online
The enrollment process begins at home using the district’s secure, online system called Registration Gateway: https://cas.fortmillschools.org/cas_FortMill/login
(Note: If you have previously set up an account in Registration Gateway, you will not need to create a new account.)
FORMER STUDENTS RE-ENROLLING- you will need to complete the same new student registration process. Your child’s old account will not be accessible to edit. A new, updated profile is required for re-enrollment, select “add a student” in your account and complete the forms.
Students attend a particular school based on their legal residence. School verification can be made through the district’s online school locator at https://maps2.yorkcountygov.com/ez/Search_Address_School.aspx . Attendance area maps are available at each school, the district office, and online via the district's website.
All required documents must be uploaded to the online registration account prior to making your appointment.
Step 2 - Required Documentation: In-Person Enrollment Completion
NEW K-8 STUDENTS. After enrolling and scheduling an appointment online, parents are to bring required documentation to the Fort Mill School District Office, 2233 Deerfield Drive, Fort Mill. Due to the high volume of appointments, if you arrive late you may be required to reschedule.
NEW HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS (Grades 9-12). After enrolling and scheduling an appointment online, parents will need to bring the required documentation (as noted below) to the Registrar of their assigned high school (based on attendance area). Fort Mill High (803-548-1900) is located at 215 N. US 21 Bypass. Nation Ford High (803-835-0000) is located at 1400 AO Jones Blvd. Catawba Ridge High School (803-835-5222) is located at 1180 Fort Mill Parkway.
Required Documentation - What to Bring
- Your Child’s Legal Birth Certificate with Seal. A mother’s copy or a hospital copy is not acceptable.
- SC Certificate of Immunization. All immunizations must be recorded on a SC Certificate of Immunization. The Rock Hill Health Department provides this service; call 803-909-7300 for an appointment.. You will have 30 days from students start of school to submit this form.
- Proof of Fort Mill Residency. Acceptable documents include a deed, certificate of occupancy, closing statement indicating completion, a real estate tax receipt, or rental lease agreement with official signatures and children listed as occupants, title of mobile home accompanied with lease of land. Utility bills and vehicle property tax receipts are not accepted as proof of residency documents.
- $30 Instructional Fee for Pre-K, Elementary and Middle school students. A $30 Instructional Fee is also required for High School students as well as a $12 Publication Fee. A personal check, money order, cash and debit/credit cards are accepted. Checks are made payable to the specific school you are registering your child for.
- Custody Papers. If applicable.
- An unofficial transcript for credit bearing High School or Middle School Classes or the last report card from previous elementary/middle school for your child.