Because children are the future, we use our ingenuity and imagination to challenge and inspire our students to exceed their expectations, achieve their greatest dreams and create a better community. That is why we place Children First …Every Day.
In the tradition of excellence, Fort Mill Schools places Children First . . . Every Day by providing an innovative and rigorous education that empowers all students to achieve their greatest success.
• Children are our priority.
• An innovative, rigorous, and engaging education provides the foundation for success in the lives and careers of our students.
• High expectations, integrity and perseverance promote excellence.
• Everyone has worth and value and should be treated with respect and dignity.
• Recognizing achievement and celebrating success builds a culture of excellence;
• Meaningful, transparent communication and dialogue foster community trust and support.
• Dynamic leadership, collaboration and continuous improvement enable our schools to be globally competitive.
• The student, the family, the school, and the community share a commitment and a responsibility for student development.
• Children should be provided with the resources and facilities to achieve their greatest success.
• The school community should be a safe, healthy, and supportive environment.
The District embodies its purpose, direction, and beliefs through its pursuit of four major goals.
THE FORT MILL FOUR
1. Exceptional Teaching and Learning
2. Data Driven Continuous Improvement
3. Effective Leadership and Communication
4. Safe, Supportive and Inviting Schools