General Benefits Information/Eligibility
- The employee must be employed by Fort Mill School District on a permanent and full-time basis, working 30 or more hours per week.
- Part-time employees may also be eligible based on their position.
- The employee must complete appropriate election forms with 31 days of the date of employment or status change.
Enrollment Deadline: 31 days from hire date
Effective Date: State Insurance
- Employed on the 1st day of the month, coverage begins on that day.
- Employed on the 1st working day of the month, coverage may begin on the 1st day of that month or the following month.
- Employed after the 1st working day of the month, coverage begins the 1st day of the following month.
Open Enrollment for Dental: October, in odd-numbered years.
Spouse/Children (younger than 26): Eligible dependents may be added to coverage.
State Standard Health Plan and Savings Plan – (Important Points)
- Worldwide access to network hospitals/physicians through the Blue Card Program.
Making Changes to Insurance Program
- Eligible employees may make certain changes to benefits during designated enrollment periods and within 31 days of a family status change or special eligibility situation.
Health Insurance Cards: Issued by the vendor within 3 weeks of enrollment.
Tobacco User Certification
- Enrolling a health plan will require certification as a tobacco or non-tobacco user. If only you, as the employee, are enrolled and use tobacco, there will be an additional $40 per month surcharge added to the health premium. If dependents are covered (even if only one out of the group uses tobacco), an additional $60 per month surcharge will be added to the health premium.
- As an active employee, PEBA Insurance Benefits considers you a transfer if you change employment from one participating group to another with no break in insurance coverage or with a break of employment of no more than 15 calendar days.
- A transfer is not a new hire for insurance purposes. He must remain enrolled in the same insurance benefits in which he was enrolled at his former employer.
Employee's benefits will terminate on the first day of the following month of the employee's termination date. COBRA packets will be mailed within two weeks of the termination date.