- Fort Mill School District 4
Kindergarten Registration 23-24
Required: In order to begin the new student registration process, a student must reside in the Fort Mill School District’s attendance area at the time of registration. A child must turn 5 years old on or before Sept. 1, 2023 to register for kindergarten.
Kindergarten Registration is a two-step process.
Step One: The registration process begins at home using the district’s secure, online registration system called Registration Gateway. *Online Portal will open March 1, 2023 at 8 AM for Kindergarten students only.*
Registration Gateway can be found here.
Parents/guardians should pre-determine which elementary school their child will attend based on their legal residence. Verification can be made through this website: (https://maps2.yorkcountygov.com/ez/Search_Address_School.aspx).
Parents/guardians will need to create a new account in Registration Gateway and proceed through the online registration process.
As part of the online registration process, parents/guardians will be prompted to make an appointment to bring their child for academic screening on March 29 and 30 (see step 2).
When registering online AND at your child's screening, you will need the essential documents listed below.
Step Two: Parents/guardians (limit one parent, please) are to bring their child to their assigned elementary school for an academic screening. Please arrive at the time of your appointment (made in Step 1). A $30 Instructional Fee is payable during your child’s academic screening. Acceptable forms of payment include: VISA, Mastercard, cash, or a check payable to your child’s school.
DATES: March 29 and March 30.
Location: Your student's assigned elementary school.
Academic screening appointments are spaced 5 minutes apart but your appointment may take up to one hour.
ESSENTIAL - Please have the following items ready when registering online and at your academic screening. Failure to provide necessary documentation will result in your child’s enrollment not being completed.
- Your Child’s Legal Birth Certificate with Seal. A mother’s copy or a hospital copy will not be accepted. Please ensure parents’ names are listed on the birth certificate.
- SC Certificate of Immunization. All immunizations must be recorded on a SC Certificate of Immunization. The Rock Hill Health Department provides this service; call 803-909-7300 for an appointment or for more information.
- Proof of Fort Mill Residency. Acceptable documents include a deed, certificate of occupancy, closing statement indicating completion, valid rental lease agreement with official signatures, or a real estate tax receipt. Utility bills or vehicle property tax receipts are not accepted as proof of residency.
- Custody Papers. If applicable.
QUESTIONS? Please contact your student's assigned elementary school.