We are excited to offer two opportunities from TEACH SC! Read below to learn about Become a Teacher 101: Getting Started with TeachSC and the new program offering FREE Praxis test prep and a voucher for registration!
Become a Teacher 101: Getting Started with TeachSC
Dreaming of teaching but not sure how to get started? Register for “Become a Teacher 101: Getting Started with TeachSC,” a free virtual session hosted by our partners at TeachSC! You’ll hear from a current SC educator about how to become a certified teacher and how to get free career support along the way. Reserve your spot today at: ontch.org/SCBecomeLEA
TeachSC is hosting sessions at 5 PM on the following dates:
- Tuesday, April 18, 2023
- Tuesday, May 9, 2023
- Tuesday, June 13, 2023
- Wednesday, July 12, 2023
- Thursday, August 10, 2023
FREE Praxis test prep
TEACH South Carolina (TeachSC) has teamed up with Study.com and The Center for Educator Recruitment, Retention, & Advancement (CERRA) to offer future teachers FREE Praxis test prep and a voucher to pay for test registration.
Who is eligible: High school students and non-certified school based personnel or community members who need to pass the Praxis in order to apply to, continue in, or graduate from an educator preparation program.
What they get: Participants will receive free access to a Study.com account (worth $130!) to prepare for the Praxis exam of their choice. The first 75 students who complete their test prep will also receive an ETS voucher to pay the Praxis registration fee.
The requirements: Participants must:
- Create a TeachSC account through the campaign materials supplied in this document.
- Fill out Study.com’s questionnaire. They’ll receive an email with instructions to set up their Study.com account.
- Complete 30 short study sessions.
- Attend one group session for study tips and additional free resources and scholarship opportunities.
- Show proof of completion (a screenshot of their Study.com dashboard), after which they will be eligible for the test registration voucher.